350 Bay Area presents:
Telework: Benefits, Best Practice, and Pitfalls.
Thursday September 17 4-5 pm
Join us for an expert panel discussion on best practice and the benefits of Telecommuting for workers, employers and the environment.
About this Event
Hosted by 350BayArea and 350 Silicon Valley.
With the onset of COVID19, many employees had to work from home, maybe for the first time. Companies are now reviewing if they should implement more permanent policies. In the Bay Area, we saw an initial decrease in traffic of 60 -70%, which in turn reduced carbon emissions by 26% and we all saw first-hand the definite reduction in smog and the clearer skies.
What did we learn from this forced transition?
- What are the benefits or the negative impacts for employers and employees?
- Best practice: Pre and post-Covid.
- What about the people who can’t work from home? Can they benefit from this societal change?
- Can the positive environmental benefits be retained and how do we do that?
Looking at this through the lenses of policy, business, people, and environment our panel of experts will discuss these questions.
- Moderator, Lisa Jackson 350 Bay Area
- Kate Lister, GlobalWorkplaceAnalytics
- Cindy Chavez, Vice-Chair of BAAQMD and BOS for Santa Clara County
- Carl Guardino, Executive Vice President of Bloom Energy and long term former President and CEO of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group.