Sonoma County EDB Fire Recovery Business Resources
FIRE RECOVERY BUSINESS RESOURCES
AFFECTED BUSINESSES – RESOURCES
• Insurance California Department of Insurance – Assistance with filing claims
• Property Taxes Sonoma County Assessor – Property tax reassessment due to misfortune or calamity
• Tax Credits Franchise Tax Board – Info on deducting disaster losses.
• Board of Equalization – Manufacturing and R&D sales and use tax exemptions for equipment
• Financing California IBank – Low interest and state-guaranteed business loans.
• CalCap – Small business and state-guaranteed loans.
• Working Solutions Small business micro-loans
• Relocation/Rebuilding GoBiz Business Investment Services – Site consultation and business incentives for relocation
• Workforce Resources Sonoma County Job Link – Job matching for dislocated workers, workshops, and more.
• Financial Assistance for self-employed and jobless workers – Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
See here – our most updated fire recovery business information
EMPLOYEES – RESOURCES
Sonoma County Job Link’s Business Services Team is assembling resources to help employees of businesses affected by the fires who need to:
• Apply for unemployment benefits and COBRA coverage
• Looking for new job opportunities with other local employers
Anyone interested in accessing these critical services should call the Business Services Team at (707) 565-8079, or access their website at https://sonomawib.org/.
EMPLOYERS – JOB POSTING
The Sonoma County Workforce Investment Board provides a form to post a job order on the Statewide Job Board, located at CalJOBS.ca.gov.
The link for this is here: https://sonomawib.org/post-a-job/
Sonoma County Tourism has great information covering:
• Road Conditions
• Evacuation Information
• Cal Fire Updates
• Hotel availability
• Accommodation Booking Sites
• Available lodging for Fire Evacuees and Work Crews in Sonoma County
• Airbnb – free housing for evacuees and home owners
• HomeAway- housing for evacuees
• Mighway – RV’s for displaced residents in Northern California
• Businesses currently open in Sonoma County
• Businesses currently closed in Sonoma County
• Updates from Sonoma COunty Airport
Air Quality – see here
Map Box : Recent aerial images of fire damage in the City of Santa Rosa – see here
County Information – see here
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!