The Wine Business Institute (WBI) at Sonoma State University (SSU) will host the 10th annual Academy of Wine Business Research (AWBR) conference July 26 and 27, including paper presentations, breakout sessions, and panel discussions on current issues, innovations, and challenges faced by the global wine industry. Confirmed attendees represent wine businesses and academic institutions in Austria, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, and the United States.
From Ray Johnson, Executive Director of the Wine Business Institute:
“It’s a pleasure to offer this opportunity for the industry’s influencers and academics to convene and connect on pressing issues. It highlights California’s importance to the global wine industry, and the Wine Business Institute’s leadership in education and research. The wine industry is changing, and this conference offers a deep dive for exchanges, discoveries, and takeaways on the role of research and education in advancing the industry’s competitiveness and sustainability in a global environment.”
Wine Business Institute at Sonoma State University
The Academy of Wine Business Research
10th annual Academy of Wine Business Research Conference, including research presentations under the headings:
- Online Purchases of Wine
- Managing Uncertainty in the Wine Industry
- Measuring Market Performance
- Understanding Wine Purchasing Behavior
- Supply Chain and Exporting Issues
- Industry Perspectives on Sustainability
- Managerial Approaches
- Sustainability and its Link with Customers
- Wine Ratings and Raters
- Wine Industry Trends
- The Role of Tradition in the Wine Industry
- Case Study Workshop
- A Better Understanding of Wine Consumers
- Marketing of Wine Terroir and Territories
- Wine Marketing in a Digital Age
- Wine Tourism
- Marketing and the Wine Purchase Decision
- Management Strategy
- Wine Sales and Trends
- Wine Marketing in Eastern and Southern Europe
- Wine Industry Development and Growth
Sonoma State University Student Center
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Wednesday, July 26 at 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, July 27 at 8:30 a.m.
Media is encouraged to attend the conference sessions. Please RSVP by clicking below or contact Dan Virkstis at (707) 664-2831 or email@example.com.