Michelle is a partner in assurance and craft beverage industry group leader at BPM. Her area of expertise is GAAP compliant financial accounting and reporting. She serves middle-market, privately-held, family owner-managed, and institutionally owned businesses and publicly held companies. She has experience working with companies in the start-up phase through ownership transition, including IPO. She spends the majority of her time working with wineries, vineyards, real estate entities, négociants, custom crush facilities, wine and spirits distribution companies, natural and organic food companies, and non-wine agriculture. As a result, she has extensive knowledge of the more common and complex accounting issues those types of businesses face. In addition to providing traditional audit and review services, she offers guidance in the areas of business combinations, consolidations, lease accounting, inventory valuation, revenue recognition, and evaluation of internal control. Michelle also oversees employee benefit plan audits.
She is active in the firm’s recruiting efforts at SSU and leads the firm’s WIN! Initiative—a program dedicated to creating opportunities that improve women leadership participation from its current level to a level that is more reflective of women in the workforce.
- Graduated from Saint Mary’s College with a bachelor’s in Economics and Business Administration
- Served as the Treasurer for the Napa/Sonoma Chapter for Women for WineSense and Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair for the Healdsburg School
- Since 2009, she has served on the planning committee for CalCPA Wine Industry Conference
- Member of AICPA, CalCPA, North Bay Leadership Council, Russian River Valley Winegrowers and Volunteer Center of Sonoma County
- Presented on GAAP accounting and reporting in the wine industry
- Participated as a speaker at the Wine Industry Technology Symposium and through Sonoma State University’s Wine Business Program
- Active in BPM’s WIN! Initiative
For more information about the conference visit http://conferences.calcpa.org/womens-leadership-forum/