Employee Benefit Adviser has named its 2019 winners for the annual Adviser of the Year awards, selecting dual honorees by recognizing Andrew McNeil and Rosario Avila, the founders of BenefitsTV.
McNeil and Avila, who both serve as benefits advisers at Arrow Benefits Group, started the video service this year to expand online video content for benefits professionals. Each year, Employee Benefit Adviser grants awards to recognize excellence and innovation in the field. The following five categories reflect the growing role of the employee benefit adviser in having a positive impact on all facets of a client’s business.
This year’s winners include:
· Employee Benefit Advisers of the Year: Andrew McNeil and Rosario Avila, founders, BenefitsTV
· Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year: Jewell Lim Esposito, partner, head of ERISA practice and head of cannabis, hemp and CBD practice, FisherBroyles
· Voluntary Benefits Adviser of the Year: Beverly Beattie, founder and CEO, Selden Beattie
· Wellness Adviser of the Year: Naama O. Pozniak, CEO, Paz Holding
· Technology Adviser of the Year: Jay Koppisety, CIO, American Benefits Consulting
All awards recognize outstanding service by brokers or advisers and seek to honor not just sales performance, but other factors that determine an adviser’s true value.
Each Adviser of the Year honoree is presented to the nominee who has demonstrated a consistent pattern of forward-thinking innovation and achievement in benefit plan sales, consulting and leadership, as well as overall contributions to the profession.
All the winners will be honored at the 2019 Benefits Forum and Expo, which will be held Sept. 25-27 in Las Vegas. Additionally, the honorees will be profiled in the September issue of the magazine and online.