Each year, the North Bay Leadership Council presents five selected honorees with their Leaders of the North Bay Awards. The categories are:
- United We Stand – Community Building: Recognition of leadership in corporate philanthropy or volunteerism, civic engagement,and community impact
- Paint the Community Green – Environmental Stewardship: Recognition of leadership in green business, green building and/or environmental stewardship
- The “Light Bulb” Went On – Innovative/Entrepreneurial Spirit: Recognition of creativity, innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit
- Empowering the Latino Community – Leadership within the Latino Community: Recognition of efforts to empower and strengthen the Latino community through education, job training, cultural awareness, and business development resources
- From Red Tape to Red Carpet – Leadership in Government: Recognition of local governments that cut through red tape, eliminate barriers to economic growth, enhance efficiency of service, improve the business climate through innovation and best practices
In 2018, NBLC would like to honor all of the young leaders in our community by hosting a Youth Power Speech Contest. The winner of the contest will receive a scholarship and be chosen as our keynote speaker for this year’s Leaders of the North Bay Awards Luncheon.